Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Try this "local" dinner at home

Littleneck Clams Await Their FateImage by Anne With An "E" via Flickr


We started with Alaskan king crab and corn chowder.

The entree was ravioli stuffed with smoked mozzarella and artichokes, and I dressed two salads of organic mixed greens with organic extra-virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

I put a pan with more than two dozen Little Neck clams (photo) on the table. All but two had opened after I steamed them in  sake and a little sweet cooking wine.

The ravioli were in marinara sauce and I would have loved some bread to soak it up, but didn't put any out.

I drank wine. Then, I looked at the food and mentioned to my wife and son that soup, salad, olive oil, clams and ravioli had come from Costco, less than two miles from home.

While my wife was washing the pots, I drank the salty clam broth-sake mixture straight from the pan. A nice dinner.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

Please try to stay on topic.