Wednesday, August 12, 2009

You've got to watch that wild salmon


I've said more than once that the fresh wild sockeye salmon from Costco will be ready after only 10 to 12 minutes in a 350-degree oven. Last night, the six pieces I cut from a fillet were done in only 8 minutes (medium to medium rare).

This latest fillet likely was thinner than the ones I bought before. So keep your eye on this fish and adjust the cooking time according to the thickness. I seasoned it with salt, cumin, Aleppo red pepper and chopped fresh oregano.

Eight minutes. Just enough time to grab a fistful of pre-washed organic salad greens and dress them with extra-virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar, warm some bread and pour myself a glass of wine. Here's to good eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please try to stay on topic.