Monday, August 3, 2009

Another good seasonal salad


I don't plan to work my way through all 101 salads from The Times (see previous posts). But I went out Sunday and bought fresh arugula to try salad No. 7:

"Cook whole grape tomatoes in olive oil over high heat until they brown slightly, sprinkling with curry powder. Cool a bit, then toss with chopped arugula, loads of chopped mint and lime juice."

I washed the tomatoes in their container, drained them and added them to the skillet, but there was a good deal of splattering from water droplets. I also was impatient and added them to the arugula and mint when they were still fairly warm, drizzling all with some oil-lemon blend and fresh lemon juice. So what I got was a wilted salad in a pool of curry.

I ate the salad with my dinner of four leftover free-range, lollipop-like Australian lamb chops, straight from the fridge, and soaked up the curry pool with thick, Turkish pide bread I had warmed in the oven. Yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please try to stay on topic.