Thursday, March 25, 2010

I can't believe I ate the whole thing

EggplantImage via Wikipedia






 
I was out all day yesterday and grabbed meals where I could -- in Morristown and Wayne.

For lunch, I did takeout from Cha Cha Cha Cuban Bistro, which opened a couple of months ago. I liked my avocado salad with mixed greens, onion and orange slices in a mango dressing ($6) and small black bean soup ($3), but the yellow rice that came with it was undercooked and hard.

On the way to see a Turkish film at William Paterson University in Wayne, I stopped at Brother Bruno Pizza, the octagonal wooden restaurant on a hill that I had passed so many times in the last few decades without going in. (It's been there since 1976.)

The displayed pizzas looked ossified, so I ordered an eggplant parmigiana hero and seltzer. The sandwich tasted homemade -- just the right proportions of thin, breaded eggplant, melted cheese and sauce that didn't get  all over the place, including on  my clothes.

But it was at least a foot long and enough for two. I can't believe I ate the whole thing.


Brother Bruno Pizza, 140 Hamburg Turnpike, Wayne;
 973-790-3321. Web site: Brother Bruno Pizza

Cha Cha Cha Cuban Bistro, 23 Washington St., Morristown;
973-998-6388. (15% off delivery orders through April.)

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please try to stay on topic.