Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Famished Frog in Morristown

Cucurbita moschata 'Butternut'.Image via Wikipedia
















If you're famished in Morristown, head for The Famished Frog for a quick, tasty and healthy meal.

My lunch, which I ate in about 20 minutes, started with a thick, cream-less soup of butternut squash with a surprising apple finish ($4.99). I followed that with salad Bouchard -- organic greens topped with whole walnuts and a poached, sliced pear in a balsamic dressing ($8.99).  The waiter ground fresh pepper over both soup and salad.

The only negative was a roll on my salad plate that seemed only half-baked, but was good enough to soak up the last bit of dressing.

I wasn't charged for two seltzers with lime wedges. I was in such a rush I didn't notice the restaurant offers $6 lunches.

The Famished Frog, 18 Washington Ave., 
Morristown; 973-540-9601


http://www.famishedfrog.com/
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please try to stay on topic.