Monday, November 23, 2009

Supermarkets that overcharge

Tesco Receipt

I do a lot of food shopping in North Jersey and hate to be overcharged. Typically, the store hasn't reset its computers to the sale price and an item scans at the higher price. Sure, I look at my register receipt before I leave the store, most of the time. But on occasion, I don't discover the mistake until I get home, then have to decide whether returning to the store is worth it.

Here is a link to a story in the New York Post on overcharges by supermarkets in the city. You'll see a lot of familiar names:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/the_price_all_wrong_how_city_stores_FsJJYt51Cc844MnMq8MpRJ



See next post: "Is there a supermarket price war?"

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please try to stay on topic.