Tuesday, December 22, 2015

I had to ask 3 ShopRite employees before being told, Sorry, Charlie

I searched in vain today for a coupon special in the liquor department of ShopRite, 224 Route 4 east, Paramus.


By VICTOR E. SASSON
EDITOR

Once or twice a week, I stop at the ShopRite in Paramus on the way home from my nearby gym.

Today, I had a coupon for a bottle of Italian red wine for $3.99, so stopped in the liquor department first.

I looked and looked, but not finding the wine, I asked a woman at one of the two registers, and headed down the aisle she mentioned.

Nothing. I asked a second employee in the liquor department, but still couldn't find the Di Lupo Pinot Noir wine that was on sale.

Finally, I saw a man stocking the shelves, and when I asked, he told me immediately he was out of the red wine, but had the white.

A waste of time.

At least, I picked up a 5-pound box of Clementines from Morocco for a low $3.99; Organic Celery for $2.99, only 50 cents more than conventional celery; and a bunch of fresh cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please try to stay on topic.