Thursday, December 2, 2010

You can always find dinner at H Mart

Fish Packed in IceImage via Wikipedia

I walked into the H Mart in Fort Lee this afternoon with no idea of what was for dinner, and I walked out with fresh, wild-caught fish and a couple of Korean appetizers.


All I need to do for dinner is to cook my trio of whole porgy in bottled Mexican green or red sauce, boil rice in my electric cooker and make a salad. Stewed Alaskan pollock and tofu in red-pepper sauce would make good appetizers.

I could also steam the fish with sake, sesame oil, soy and fish sauces.


The fresh porgy were $3.95 ($1.49 a pound, usually $2.99), and I asked the fish monger to clean them and leave on the heads and tails. The tofu was $3.49 and the prepared pollock was $5.99.

I also bought three pounds of organic, Granny Smith apples for $3.99. A pound of Campari, herbicide-free tomatoes were $1.99.

The fish were displayed on plenty of ice among maybe 20 different selections. Three men were working behind the counter, cleaning fish for customers. 


This is a meal I can prepare in about 30 minutes. 

I also noticed that this H Mart carries Coleman organic chicken and another brand of antibiotic-free chicken, but I don't think it sells naturally raised beef.


H Mart, 112-130 Linwood Plaza, Fort Lee; 201-947-7800.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please try to stay on topic.