Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Organic burgers a la Costco

We made hamburgers from the organic ground beef I bought recently from Costco. I used one pound to fashion three burgers and seasoned them with a homemade spice mixture, put them under the broiler for about 20 minutes and served them inside pizza bread.

These were big burgers (they plumped up under the heat). My burger had a slice of Trader Joe's yogurt cheese (with jalapeno) and red onion, and I added ketchup and mustard as I ate. The rest of the meal was a baked potato with salsa, mixed organic vegetables and blood orange soda from Italy (Target) mixed with plain seltzer.

The burgers were tasty, even though I cooked them through, and came with the assurance of no antibiotics or growth hormones. Cost: $4.33 for the meat, so the entire meal for three probably cost $7 to $8.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please try to stay on topic.