Friday, June 27, 2014

Even a lowly McDonald's Restaurant shorts seniors

At the McDonald's in Queensbury, N.Y.


By VICTOR E. SASSON
EDITOR

On the long road to Montreal from our home in New Jersey on Thursday, I stopped for coffee to relieve the monotony of driving on Route 87.

Looking for "easy off, easy on," I picked a McDonald's not far from the highway. 

I walked in and up to the counter, and asked a female employee, who looked to be middle age, for a "senior coffee."

"Do you want to add anything to the coffee?"

I said no, I wanted it black.

Still, when I took off the cover, the cup was far from full.

OK. Seniors get a discount, and a small coffee costs only 79 cents with tax. 

But at least fill the cup to the top.

At Starbucks, I ask for coffee with "no room for milk," and I've returned to the counter for more, if the cup isn't full.

Of course, with Starbucks, black coffee has nuances of flavor.

So, I didn't bother to ask for more at the Queensbury, N.Y., McDonald's.

That's just coffee for keeping you from falling asleep at the wheel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please try to stay on topic.