Saturday, June 15, 2013

Espresso bar serves coffee in real cups

In a coffee-retailing world led by Starbucks and Dunkin' Donuts, real cups are a thing of the past. But if you order a coffee "for here" at Aroma Espresso Bar, you get a real cup and saucer, and a small piece of chocolate in the spoon.

 

I needed a mid-afternoon pick-me-up during my visit to Garden State Plaza shopping center on Tuesday, and I knew just where to get it.

I headed to Aroma Espresso Bar and ordered a small Cafe Au Lait ($2.50), and when asked whether I wanted it "to go" or "for here," chose the latter.

After a few minutes, I picked up a tray with my coffee in a real, oversized cup -- a rare sight in a world dominated by the cardboard and plastic-foam cups from Starbucks and Dunkin' Donuts.

I brought my tray to an empty table, sat down and enjoyed the stimulating cup of coffee and hot milk.


Aroma Espresso Bar, Garden State Plaza, Paramus; 201-556-1700. Use J.C. Penney entrance, walk past California Pizza Kitchen and turn left.


Web site:
 www.aroma.us

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please try to stay on topic.