Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Fresh wild salmon is a couple of days away

I bought a seedless watermelon at Costco Wholesale in Hackensack today, and paid $6.99. My wife also bought a seedless watermelon, but she went to the ShopRite in Englewood, and although it was slightly smaller than the one from Costco, it was on sale for $3.99 or $3 off.


In 2012, fresh wild sockeye salmon from the Copper River in Alaska appeared in the refrigerated case at my Costco Wholesale in Hackensack on May 24.

I drove there today, only to be told by an employee putting out trays of wild-caught flounder the fresh salmon hasn't arrived yet.

I took home a little under 2 pounds of Canadian flounder as a consolation prize ($7.99 a pound). 

The first air shipment of 24,600 pounds of Copper River salmon arrived in Seattle on May 17, according to The Associated Press.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please try to stay on topic.