Friday, June 8, 2012

What a pisser!



What is the purpose of this sign in a restaurant bathroom?


By VICTOR E. SASSON
EDITOR

As I walked past them, I assured the people waiting on line this afternoon for a table at Lan Sheng Szechuan Restaurant in Manhattan that I just wanted to use the bathroom.

A waiter motioned to the back of the restaurant, and said the bathrooms were on the left.

They weren't marked "Men" and "Women," but as I stood facing the toilet and wall in one of them, I saw an anatomically suggestive sign of a man urinating.

The outline of the figure and the stream (of urine) would light up, go off, then light up again.

I'm not sure what the restaurant is saying with the sign. 

Could it be, Don't miss? Or, Please don't urinate on the floor?

On the way out, I grabbed a takeout menu and a business card. This sounds like a place I would return to for lunch or dinner.

Unusual selections include duck tongue, Arctic surf clam, ox tongue and tripe, diced rabbit and streaky pork. 

And those are only the cold appetizers.


Lan Sheng Szechuan Restaurant, 60 W. 39th St. (between Fifth and Sixth avenues), Manhattan; 212-575-8899.

Open 7 days. Free delivery, and a complimentary appetizer with any takeout dinner order of more than $20.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please try to stay on topic.