Monday, June 1, 2015

How did I miss first shipments of wild salmon to my Costco Wholesale?

In my basket at Costco Wholesale in Hackensack today, organic quinoa, reduced-fat Jarlsberg Swiss Cheese, fresh blueberries and sweet peppers -- but no fresh wild salmon.



By VICTOR E. SASSON
EDITOR

My wife is sticking to her story.

She shopped at Costco Wholesale twice last week, and couldn't find any fresh wild salmon from Alaska.

This afternoon, however, I spoke to an employee stocking the refrigerated fish case, and he said the Hackensack store received wild salmon fillets on three days last week.

He said some might come in tomorrow.

My Costco usually receives salmon from the Copper River in Alaska in late May or early June, and then wild-caught fillets from other U.S. rivers through early October.

I've seen wild-caught king, sockeye and coho salmon available at my Costco.


Skin-on wild salmon fillets from Costco Wholesale on my stove-top grill last September, above and below.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please try to stay on topic.