Sunday, April 12, 2015

Jeff at Wayne Costco Wholesale says, 'We just want to go home'

A bigger Costco Wholesale in Wayne opened last year across the road from the old one with an in-store liquor department that offers wines from Kirkland Signature, Costco's house brand, as well as imported champagne, below, unlike the Costco near my home in Hackensack. I shopped at the Wayne store in mid-December.





By VICTOR E. SASSON
EDITOR

I never shop at the Costco Wholesale near my home in Hackensack on the weekends, when crowds are even bigger and more impossible than on weekdays.

That's probably why I didn't know the warehouse stores in Hackensack and Wayne close at 6 p.m. on Saturdays, compared to 8:30 p.m. during the week.

On Saturday evening, we stopped at the Wayne Costco on the way to a doo-wop concert at William Paterson University, hoping to buy Kirkland Signature wines and Starbucks cocoa, two items not sold in Hackensack.

But an employee named Jeff told us we missed the sign listing the closing hour as 6 p.m. on Saturday, even though another sign said the store was open until 8:30 p.m.

That later closing time is for the Costco gas station in Wayne, Jeff said.

Thinking my Hackensack store stayed open later on Saturdays, I asked why Wayne closed so early.

"We just want to go home," Jeff said.

Then, I said it would be great if Wayne stayed open until 8:30 on Saturday nights, like Hackensack, prompting Jeff to say:

"We make more money than they do."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please try to stay on topic.