Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Stumbling across good deals at ShopRite in Paramus

I passed on these seedless watermelons for $7.99 in the produce department of the Paramus ShopRite today, one day after I bought the same watermelon at Trader Joe's in Paramus for $3.99.


By VICTOR E. SASSON
EDITOR

I like stopping at the ShopRite in Paramus on the way home from the gym: I save money on gas and usually find several good deals.

The store brand of lactose-free milk I went for wasn't on sale, but 60-ounce bottles of Ocean Spray 100% juice, with no sugar added, were only 99 cents each.

I picked up a bottle of Citrus Tangerine Orange and another of Cranberry Concord Grape.

A rack of lamb from Australia was $9.99 a pound for a savings of $5 a pound. The Nature's Reserve chops are labeled 100% grass fed and antibiotic free.

Two 32-ounce bottles of Santa Cruz Organic Mango Lemonade were $1.33 each (10% juice).

Two Golden Pineapples were $5, compared to $2.99 each elsewhere, including Costco Wholesale in Hackensack.

Two 6-ounce packages of sweet Florida Blueberries were $5, a better buy per ounce than 18 ounces of Chilean blueberries from Costco for about $9.

Sale prices at the Paramus store are good through Saturday.



Nature's Reserve Rack of Lamb from Australia.

I added some of the blueberries I bought to a bowl of non-fat Greek yogurt with chia seeds, hemp hearts and organic Blue Agave sweetener.


ShopRite of Paramus, 224 Route 4 east at Forest Avenue, Paramus; 201-291-4180.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please try to stay on topic.