Tuesday, October 8, 2013

New Wawa in Lodi offers free coffee, low gasoline prices

At the new Wawa gasoline station and convenience store on Essex Street in Lodi, customers order sandwiches, smoothies and other items using a touch screen, above.


By VICTOR E. SASSON
EDITOR

The new Wawa on Essex Street in Lodi is offering free coffee through Oct. 13, and the lowest gasoline prices I've seen recently.

Today, I paid $3.07.9 for regular gas to fill up my Toyota Prius, compared to $3.29.9 for Shell gasoline purchased with a credit card in Teaneck.

Wawa doesn't charge a supplement for using a credit card, but the Shell station on Cedar Lane in Teaneck does.

That American Express card gives me a 4% rebate on gasoline, so my purchase at Wawa today cost about $2.95 a gallon.

Wawa says it sells gasoline purchased from major refiners.

Gobble, gobble

Inside the large convenience store, my son used a touch screen to order a toasted, hot Turkey Gobbler sandwich with cranberry sauce for $6.29.

He also got a frozen Caramel Cappuccino ($2.99) for free, using a coupon that came in the mail.

I picked up a free cup of hazelnut coffee.

This is the first Wawa I've seen outside of Central and South Jersey.

The store, which is between the Essex Street entrances to Route 17 and Route 80, not far from the Hackensack border, opened last week.



Wawa No. 8326, 150 Essex St., Lodi; 201-843-2941

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please try to stay on topic.