Saturday, December 8, 2012

Good food that helps me watch my weight

Crunchy cucumber kimchi at So Gong Dong, the soft-tofu house in Palisades Park.

Instead of tofu stew and lots of white rice, I had So Gong Dong's seafood pancake.

Organic eggs, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese and pesto make a fluffy frittata. Instead of bread, I eat all of my egg dishes with leftover brown rice or whole wheat pasta.

Egg-white omelet with reduced-fat cheese, kimchi and picked jalapeno.

Canned-fish salad (sardines, salmon, tuna) with chopped celery and red onion is flavored with Dijon mustard, lime juice and ground cumin, not mayonnaise.
Cabbage and salted cod fish with Korean 7 Grains, a mixture of brown rices and beans.

An omelet with sun-dried tomato, pesto and cheese is finished under the broiler.
I bought two Seafood Fra Diavolo takeout dinners at Jerry's Gourmet & More in Englewood for $5.99 each (reduced from $7.99 after 4 p.m.), and plated the tender shrimp, squid and octopus with vegetables before reheating them. I left rigatoni in vodka sauce and two bread-crumb-and-cheese stuffed zucchini for someone else.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please try to stay on topic.