Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Another fast one at ShopRite


The ShopRite in Hackensack pulled another fast one on me today. I needed sweet peppers, an onion and garlic to prepare arroz con pollo with chicken thighs I defrosted, and also picked up lactose-free organic milk and seltzer while I was there.

I glanced at the receipt in the store, but didn't look at it more carefully until I got home, which is where I saw I was charged $3.49 for a head of elephant garlic, not the $2.99 listed on the sign. Mierda! Don't you hate that?

How likely is it that I will be going back there for 50 cents, since it is my least favorite ShopRite? About the only thing it has going for it is that, out of three ShopRites, it is closest to my home -- the reason I went there in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please try to stay on topic.